This programme of workshops is aimed at Volunteer Co-ordinators and Managers who have a substantial or increasing responsibility for volunteers within their organisation.
Recruiting Volunteers – Wednesday – 21 January, 9.30am – 1.30pm
- Methods and approaches to recruiting volunteers, identifying difficulties and exploring new ways of attracting volunteers
- The recruitment process – including equality of opportunity and encouraging diversity
- The importance of Induction
Supervising and Supporting Volunteers – Wednesday 18 February 9.30am – 1.30pm
- The benefits of good supervision and support to the volunteer and to the organization
- How, when and where to provide support and supervision
- Good practice and what to do when problems arise
Motivating and Retaining Volunteers – Wednesday 18 March 9.30am – 1.30pm
- What motivates and de-motivates volunteers
- Causes of de-motivation and how to deal with them
- Recognising and rewarding volunteers
Previous participants have said ;-
“Very experienced tutors. Supportive environment. Excellent handouts. Plenty of opportunities to discuss our own positive/negative experiences and problem solve”.
“It was good to share ideas and also discuss problems and solutions to recruiting”.
“Awareness that the difficulties we experience are common to many organisations. Clarification of legal issues. Networking opportunities were invaluable.”
Each workshop is free standing, but the maximum benefit will be gained by attending all three. All Workshops run from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm. Lunch will be provided. The workshops are facilitated by Rose Austen, Volunteer Centre Organiser and Andrea Garrick, Voluntary Services Co-ordinator, St. Michael’s Hospice. If you are interested in attending please contact Rose on 01424 446060/444010, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the MS Word Booking Form
Deadline for applications
All the above workshops are FREE to HVA Members and voluntary organisations that operate within Hastings, other voluntary organisations not operating in Hastings – £10, and statutory organisations – £25. For those with free places, a fee of £10 will be invoiced for non-attendance without prior reasonable notice.
Further details in PDF format are available and you can download a booking form in MS Word which you can save to your hard disc and return by email click here